[Career woman tips] Fear |Guide to become better public speaker

The spirit God gave us does not make us afraid. His spirit is a source of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7
This topic is the most insecure topic ever to share on my blog.
Why?? I am very bad in my public speaking but I'm sharing guides to become public speaker. I've done public speaking many times but still have fear of doing this. Wherever I need to do presentations during meetings or speaking in front of many people, the butterflies(monster!!) in my stomach always happened. Sometimes, I wonder why I must fear of public speaking? or why I should fear of cats/dogs or why I fear of what will happen in future? I planned to write the topic related to career woman tips but this topic pop up on my mind since my last post, so the arrangement of my post become messed so that why the series published quite late.I'm sorry.
So, let's talk about this now.


What is fear?
The fear is a common problem that causes us to worry about things like, "What will they think of me? What are they going to say about me? What will they do if I don't do what they want? What if they reject me? What if they don't like me?!"
Everyone struggles with insecurity and the fear of rejection to some degree. And there's nothing wrong with wanting people to like you. But when we are so focused on being people pleasers that our fear of being rejected,judged or criticised controls our choices, we're being controlled by the fear of man.
We know from 2 Timothy 1:7, that it's not God's will for us to live in fear and Ephesians 6:17(ERV)- "Accept God's salvation as your helmet, And take the sword of the Spirit-that sword is the teaching of God." says the Word of God is the "Sword of the spirit" we've been given to conquer fear.

Things I was afraid/fear of (like forever)
Fear is a common enemy we all must confront. I'm a Christian and I believe in God with all my heart but I'm still human that have a few thing I fear of:
1. Public speaking
- Most of the time.
- Trying my very best to overcome this because this is how I make a living.

2. Fear of the death of my love one or someone will disappear in my life.
- I shouldn't feel this way because we definitely die someday but I just can't control this fear. But, whenever I have this feeling, I started to calm down myself and pray to God to calm down myself. When I started to think of this, I will crying hard and I'm someone that can't say goodbye.

3. Driving to far new places and crowded places.
- Believe or not, it's took 3 years for me to learn to drive in KL or go somewhere new in my area..haha, quite funny but that's me, I have fear to drive to new places and crowded places.

4.What I will look like and what my life will be like in future.
- The common fear in everyone head. 5 years back, I was thinking what I will look like and yes, I am quite fat(maybe because I'm happy?haha) and back then, I was wonder what my life will look like, and yes, I'm thankful because I'm still alive and blessed! No point for me to be have fear back then..

5.Cats or dogs(basically animals)
- This one, honestly I really need to take time. I am not animal lovers but some of family is animal lovers so I need to learn even though it will take really longer time.

I'm really trying my best to overcome my above fear.
I don't know what you fear of . If  we're going to get free of fear and really pursue everything God has for our lives, we have to make a decision that we won't let fear be the ruling factor- we will not live with fear!
Instead, we can learn how to live courageously by the grace and strength we have in Christ as we study God's Word.

How do we overcome it?
Step 1: CONFRONT IT!
The only way you can conquer fear is CONFRONT IT! Never ever avoid it, just GO FOR IT! To be honest, sometime I'm try to avoid what I fear of.
Remember that fear is not from God.According to 2 Timothy 1:7, He has given us power, love, a calm and well balanced mind, discipline and self control.
When we're struggling to overcome fear, we can always find encouragement in the Word.
God's Word has power to set us free from fear!
Take time to study these verses:
Isiah 41:10- "Don't worry - I am with you. Don't be afraid- I am your God.I will make you strong and help you. I will support you with my right hand that brings victory."
Psalms 118:6; - The LORD is with me so I will not be afraid.No one on earth can do anything to harm me.
Psalms 27:1; - LORD, you are my light and my Saviour, so why should I be afraid of anyone? The LORD is where my life is safe,so I will be safe, so I will be afraid of no one!".
Romans 8:31-32; - "So what should we say about this? If God is for us, no one can stand against us.And, God is with us.He even let his own Son suffer for us.God gave his Son for all of us.So now with Jesus, God will surely give us all thing.

Step 2: Pray for God
Then pray for God to help you live courageously in His will for your life. You'll experience His good plans for you when you're free from fear and free to be the person He made you to be!
No matter what kind of thing you fear in this world or in your life, God can make you free.

Love and God bless,
Paya

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram (@estelle.payaroni)