Lessons I learned from #GIRLBOSS book

Hi there~
Is there anyone here love to read book? PLEASE HIT ME A COMMENT...
This is my hobby. I love read books especially self help genre, I can't stop myself read that kind of books as it's inspired me so much and give me strengths to go after my dreams and to live my life obviously.I've several favorite books and one of it is #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. I bought this book in Auckland Airport and I read it during my flight back to Malaysia. It's feel so great and there's so much powerful messages in this book that make me feel strong again to go after my dreams.
So, here what I've learned after read this book.



# Showing up is the most important part of any role.

Let's be honest, I've failed to do this many times before. I feel so lazy to wake up and go to work. I'm just selfish and not thinking very well. I've learned that, no matter how bad or how discouraged I am about my work or anything I do in my life, I want to choose to always show up. I don't want to burden other people with my tasks. I want to be responsible in whatever I do.No compromise on this.

#Learn how to take care of yourself

No one can ever take care of yourself very well than yourself. You knew what you can do and what you want. I've learn how to take care of myself so that the man you marry is the man you choose to be with and not just the man who will take care of you. I agreed with this one. I don't want to get married to make my man just take care of me. I want to be with him and not just has someone take care of me.

#Focus on the positive things

Focus on the positive things in your life and you'll be shocked at how many more positive things start happening.
Yes, there will be room for negativity but it's your choice to focus on which one. I still try my best to try to focus on positive things every time. It's hard but I wanted to choose that way.

#I'm not lucky, I'm blessed and I work for it!

Before you start to think you just got lucky, remember, you made it yourself.I don't really believe in luck things. I believe in God and I believe God that make me can do it.What I mean God make me can do it is I work for it, not just waiting for God to move, I planned and surrender everything to God.

#I choose my fate and future

I was choosing my fate and sowing the seeds of my future.What I did today will affect my future and fate. So, I want to always choose to do well in everything I do.There's time I have made very bad decisions or bad action in my life that lead me to the bad future and I've learned from that. I learn to always be responsible for my actions and thoughts.

#Don't live like a CEO when you're still a sandwich artist.

I've learned that I don't want to live more than I can afford. The life that I want is I have a comfortable house, a comfortable car, enough to eat, wear, pay all my bills on time, no debts and live happily and minimalism. Having everything fancy is not my things now. I choose to live simple, not wanting more than I can afford and just live the life that makes me happy inside and out.

#Treat your mind like your money. Don't waste it.

My thoughts is really important in my life.
My thoughts can control how I want to be in this life. Just like money, my mind is like my money, I don't to waste my mind space thinking of something negative or something that not yet happen, it will waste my energy and my lifetime.

#Money vs Emotion

I've failed so many time on this. I know myself very well. I can't really feel good whenever I see people struggle in their life. But, I've learned to make myself as a priority and don't always help others because people will take it for granted and not really appreciate what you have done. As they never learned how hard you earned that money. I've learn to separate your money from your emotions as much as you possibly can. One of the hardest lesson I've learned this year.

#Asking for raise?

I never talked about my work my blog as sometime I'm not feel so proud of it. I said so because every time my meeting with my boss, I'm crying. I feel bad for being that way. I feel bad for being such a pity girl. I can't control my emotions. I never talk about raise in my work as I feel I'm not deserved it. I'm being really honest with yourself and make sure that you deserve the raise that you're asking for.The only factor affects your chance of getting a raise is whether or not you've earned it.I've learned the lessons, if I want raise, I need to work hard for it and make myself deserve it.

#The importance of money

Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future.
Though we need nothing at the moment it ensures the possibility of satisfying a new desire when it arises. -Artistotle
For me, having money is not bad at all but how I respond or behave when I've money is important. I've learned that, money is important to make dreams come true, to help people and go wherever you want.

#Cash is a KING.

I've learned this in the hardest way.
If I can turn back the time, I will never ever apply for credit card, the plastic money. I prefer to use the money that I have and if I don't have then just don't have. But, now I live the life that I make up for my mistake on this.

#Your style = YOU.

Your style is representing who you are.So, wear what you most comfortable with. I've learned don't just follow the latest trend, wear whatever makes you feel good and comfortable and most importantly, you can afford it.

#No apologies for being you

There are no apologies necessary for being you. Just being you. Never ever apologise for being who you are unless if you make something bad about yourself, then say sorry~

#Working hard because that's what I supposed to do

If you're working, you're working hard, and if you're not doing that, what are you doing?
This statement really HIT me! Sometimes I take my work for granted and just do it as I need salary every end of month.I've learned that, when you working, you're working hard.

#Make it happen

If I really want something badly enough, I have it within myself to make it happen.

#DREAM BIG

DREAMS ARE TODAY'S ANSWERS TO TOMORROW'S QUESTIONS.- Edger Cayce

There so many actually but this just few of it. This book makes me feel inspired and wake up call for me to go after my dreams and don't leave it as I have a man in my life. My dreams is my dream and I will achieve it.

See you on next post!
Oh ya, my birthday will be in 8 days.. :)

Love,

Aya

What's your opinion?

Please share your thoughts.

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram (@estelle.payaroni)