How to keep relationship alive after having a child?

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uy-6INYDeECgyadyjjinfECGYW3xQu7y
Me and my husband just get married for almost 3 years now, I can say we've experienced a lot of things in this married life. 
One thing that really a new experience for me is relationship after having a child. This stage is really challenging. I thought its gonna be the same just like before we having a kid but in reality, its not like that.

For today article, I'm gonna share this topic with you guys! I will be frank and straight forward.

After we had our baby boy back in July 2020, I realized that my relationship with my husband become different or I can say, its very challenging.
Our main focus is on our child, while juggling between work and financial. I realized, we spend less time for us( just me and my husband), I can say, we're not even communicate well. I feel something is wrong with our relationship so I started to voice out about it and we do our best to overcome it.

Back in the day when we had our lived in babysitter, we can go "dating" sometimes like we went to coffee shop and groceries shopping together. By doing this things together, its quite refreshing.
But, after our babysitter go back for good in end of 2021, we have no choice to always bring along our kid as no one at home to take care of him and when he at school, we will at work so we rarely spend time on each other.
So, from my personal experience, here are some tips on how to keep relationship alive after having a child?

1. Keep doing loving gesture that you and husband use to do before having kids like kiss & hug each other before go to work/going out and always say i love you to each other by looking in each other eyes. 
I really love it when my husband never ever forget to say I love you and kiss me whenever he going out. We still doing this every single day until now and its become a habit! If going out without kiss and say I love u, my day feel incomplete.

2. Help each other in every possible way
Raising kid is no joke!
I can't imagine myself raising my kid alone on my own. I always depends on my husband to do it with me. I don't want to be acah-acah independent but I always make sure that we do it together. By doing all things together, its kind of strengthen bonding also.

3. Choose your husband every single day
I always remind myself to choose my husband every single day even though there some day, I feel annoyed or angry at him but when I remind myself this is my choice so I will take care and be responsible on my choice.

4. MAKE TIME to be intimate/ MAKE TIME to have a sex.
Sex in married life is really important. This is blessing in married life. Never ever ignore it just because you don't have time or tired. Please always MAKE TIME for it because its really important to keep the bonding and love in your relationship and its fun and relief stress too you know.
If the situation doesn't permit like you having period, don't forget to keep do other intimate things with your husband, you know it what it is lah okay?

5. Always make time/ Always make your husband is your priority.
Everyone is busy with their life. As time goes by, some people make their relationship become less priority but never do this! Always make your relationship your priority. Never ever make your wife/husband is an option.

Conclusion
Married life after having a child is surely challenging, not just relationship become challenging, financial and work life balance also become challenging. Even though its challenging, you can do it! Please take care of your relationship well as your kid need stable and happy home to grow up.



What's your opinion?

Please share your thoughts.

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram (@estelle.payaroni)