How to make a right decision?


Hi there!
In the era of Google, whatever you want to know, you can easily search for it and everything will come out for you instantly.
Before, I'm that kind of person. I always google-ing whatever I want to know including about my faith, how God looks like and even search for "Is God is real?". I'm a just curious lady that want to know the truth.I'm not saying google-ing is bad but to know about God, you can't just google-ing Him but really read about Him on Bible(The words of God).
Sound religious again? I'm not ashamed sharing about my faith here on my blog but for today, I will sharing something that helps me a lot in this part of my life.
How to make a right decision?.

 Nobody wants to make a wrong decision in their life, right?
As for me, I wished I can make a right decision in everything in my life if possible. I talked about my mistakes that I wish I never done at my 20s here. Some people said we learn from mistakes, yes we did but sometimes, I don't really believe in that because some people keep making mistakes in their life because simply they just don't know how to make a right decision.
I found this on YouVersion Apps, the devotional part.

1) What are the consequences of my decision?
Apakah akibat daripada keputusan saya ini?
The Bible suggests we should start the decision-making process by considering the potential consequences of my actions.
Read Deuteronomy 28 ( Blessings of Obedience)
When you face a tough ethical dilemma, think about the potential consequences of each of your choices. List of the consequences you can think of, both short term and long term.
Does one choice yield more blessing?

2) What type of person do you want to be?
Jenis manusia apakah yang saya mahu jadi?
Our decisions in tough situations reveal our character.
Ephesians asks us to be imitators of God.So, one way to make the right decision is to ask, " What type of person I want to be?".
Ephesians 5:1-2
"Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love,
just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Micah tells us that God demands justice, kindness, and humility.So, we can trust that if a course of action makes us more just, kind or humble, it is probably the right decision.
Micah 6:8
"He has told you, O man, what is good;and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice,
and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God
When you face a tough decision at work, ask yourself "What type of person do I want to be?".
Weigh each option by its effect on your character and then make your decision.

3) A golden rule for making a right decision - Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Matthew 7
"“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use,
it will be measured to you."

It's a simple rule to apply to decisions because there's only one question to ask: If roles were reversed, what would I like done to me?
Even though this rule is simple to apply, following through on the right decision isn't always easy.Doing the right thing often entail personal risk.
We can evaluate decisions by their consequences, by their effect on our character or by their effect on other around us. In the end, doing the right thing is a habit we cultivate with practice.
Ask God for both the wisdom to make the right decision and the courage to follow through.

I hope this guidance will help you and me to make a right decision in our life in future. Don't forget to learn from previous mistakes and never give up!

Love,
Aya


[Reference] www.youversion.com
Photo by www.unsplash.com

What's your opinion?

Please share your thoughts.

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram (@estelle.payaroni)