Tips flying with toddler

Happy New Year 2024!

For my first post this year, I want to "complain" about flying with my toddler.  I am complaining not because I don't like my son but just to express what I feel 😆😆. After making so much preparation for flying with my son, believe it or not, it's just not going as I planned but I learned a few lessons that I make as tips for parents who will be flying with toddlers.

I bring iPad, lolipop, his favorite snacks, his peguin just to make him comfortable and will behave during the 2 hours plus flight from KL to KK.But... anakku ada plan lain.

He just can't sit still and keep tendang kerusi depan and the ladies sit in front already give the side eyes setajam tajamnya. I really try to


Tips flying the flight with toddler 3 - 4 years old,

1. Book an early morning departure

If you're traveling with toddlers, you should book an early morning departure because its usually less crowded, and everyone is tired and just wants to nap. Most importantly, your toddlers can see the airplanes and the nice view from above. 

This time, we made a mistake on this. We bought flight tickets during the night time, thinking our son would be tired and sleep on the airplane but we were wrong!


2. Talk to your toddler about what to expect

These are the must-tips you can always do because kids do so much better when they know what to expect. You can watch the flight experience on YouTube. 

I did this so my son is super excited to experience himself.


3. Dress your toddler comfortably

Recommended to dress your toddler with clothes that are without buttons, zippers, or anything that prevents them from getting to the bathroom in time. Avoid shoes with laces and opt for slip-ons.


4. Bring surprises or make surprises

If you have a budget, you can surprise your toddler with toys that you can buy in flight or if you're not on a budget, you can wrap a new toy or his favorite toys in flight.


5. Pack just enough

Pack enough for essentials like diapers, extra pants, and clothes that you can bring as carry-on.


6. Prepare for air pressure changes

The change in cabin air pressure may cause pain for your toddler. I usually prepare his bottle of milk and lollipop that he can swallow during the flight. Swallowing helps with the pressure changes.


7. Seat the toddler away from the aisle

Aisle seats can be dangerous for toddlers and potentially give them a little too much freedom of movement. If possible, consider the window seat which offers the benefit of a view.


8. Don't engage. Just worry about your own child

You can't control what people see when your child melalak. I tried my best to calm my son and do whatever I can to make him calm down and not melalak. If he melalak, just pray to God to make him calm and understand the situation.


Conclusion

I hope these tips is useful for you parents out there. Overall, just enjoy the moment and have fun!

What's your opinion?

Please share your thoughts.

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram (@estelle.payaroni)