Its my first time interviewing people



Hello!
Welcome to my blog.

I want to share something different, something I never do in my life before. I want to share about my first time interviewing people for a job.

I've been working for more than 10 years now and today is my first time ever interviewing people for a job. Can you believe that I feel so nervous? I'm not the candidate but I feel so nervous 🤣🤣

Since this is my first time interviewing people for a job, I don't really know how the interview session should go. I've been the candidate for an interview session before but this time I will be among the interviewers. I've prepared the questions I wanted to ask. I don't ask all because I don't know how to menyelit or jump in, I just don't know the right timing to do so.

The good thing I joined this interview session today is I've learned something that I can use for myself as well.
From the interview session, the main thing I  need to remember when going for an interview is JUST BE CONFIDENT! and have fun telling people about yourself and your work.
I know, this sounds so obvious right? But, this is what I learned today, no matter what, you feel nervous ke? you feel blur ke? or whatever feeling you had, just be confident! Be confident to share your experiences and skills you had. The interviewers don't really know what you're doing in a previous job but you can relate your experience and skills with the job description provided.

Never ever forget to have a good foundation or knowledge in your field. For example, I'm in the software testing field so I should know the foundation of it and I should really understand how software testing.

When it comes to interviews, I know it's easy to get really nervous until you forget everything, I have experienced that. But, when I joined the interview session today, wow, it really opened my mind, no need to feel so nervous actually, just be calm and confident with what you experienced had. I need to be confident to share what I can bring to the table or what can I contribute to the team and company.

Confident itu penting! Tak pasti, jalan saja, use your common sense! Never say I don't know, I'm not sure, or negative kind of answers! Also, please be bersemangat!!! or dalam Bahasa Inggeris, be passionate!

Conclusion
I'm thankful I got to experience the other side of an interview. Before this, I was the one that got interviewed and I never had a perspective on the other side. Now, I have it and I will use this experience as my guide for the future.

Thank you to my Test Lead, Manager, and my Lead for inviting me for the interview session. I will do my best in the next session ☺️


What's your opinion?

Please share your thoughts.

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram (@estelle.payaroni)