Updates on my Major Depression Disorder(MDD)



Hey there!
February is my mental health awareness month so I finally feel ready to share an updates about my Major Depression Disorder (MDD). 
For those new here, I will share briefly about it here or you can ready the full story HERE.

When it's started?
I was diagnosed MDD back in early 2021.  This is not my proud to moment.
This MDD is not happen overnight. I started to feel something wrong with me or my mental health back in October 2020, few months after I gave birth to my son. I am a new mom, rookie wife( just get married in 2019), my job scope was change due to pandemic & while I'm on maternity leave. I really try my best to cope with changes by being positive and strong as I do before but this time is different. I am a new mom and my new job scope is more challenging. It's not that I'm uncapable for the job scope but it's come at the wrong time.I am a new mom and it's pandemic! I don't have strong support system at all.I just had my husband and my babysitter. Life is really tough! I just not prepare for this at all.

My first respond is
I decided to quit my job in end of December 2020 and I got two months notice. During this two months notice, it's actually getting worse until I need to go for professional help, so the doctor at clinic refer me to Psychiatrist at Hospital Kajang. 
I went for my 1st appointment and I was given medicine.
After my 1st appointment and while on medicine, I feel that, I can't depends on this kind of medicine for my life, there's must be other way to do with this MDD.

How I recover?
After I finished my notice at my previous job, I don't looking for a job, I want to seriously and focus to treat my mental health. I did apply for a job but pray that God will give me the job at the right time and when I am really ready for next job.
During this career break, I really work hard to getting better.
Selain eat my medicine, I also having a sessions with Pastor Senaida every once a week ( we talked via zoom), I read my self help books over and over again and of course, praying to God to heal me because I don't want to depends on medicine to cope with this mental health and I don't want to be forever like this!
After 2 months, I got my new job! Thanks God! This time, I can say, I am ready for new job and I am ready to challenge myself again.
My depression is still there, it's not disapppear instantly but I really fight it and worked really hard to overcome it.

How am I now?
It's almost 2 years now since I face this challenge in my life. I can say, I am okay, I learned to handle it.This is my biggest life lesson for me, I learned to take care of my mental health seriously. I read a lot of books about how to handle depression and anxiety because this is always in life, I cant avoid it.


CONCLUSION
After I experienced MDD, I can say, the very MUJARAB way to treat your depression or anxiety is take care of your own thought/mental. 
I mean, you need to learn to think good about yourself and how you think about your life challenges. You can't avoid depression or anxiety, this is part of life. But, you can learn how to cope it and live the life with it.

What's your opinion?

Please share your thoughts.

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram (@estelle.payaroni)